1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really weird backup problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pooface, Nov 30, 2004.

1. pooface

pooface Member

In the last month I've backed up two games, Dragonball Z and Goldeneye. Both games load up fine, but they are both in black and white, and they are shifted way down so it looks like the bottom third of the screen is cut off, anyone know whats wrong, I burned on verbatim dvd's at slowest speed possible and I can't think of anything that would cause this.

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Could it be a PAL game on NTSC machine, or vice versa. I'm just guessing, but could be a good guess.

3. pooface

pooface Member

I think that is probably the problem, but I thought mod-chips allowed these different formats to be played normally, like with imports? And is there any way I can check to see what format they are in? Thanks for the help.

4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Some mod chips do, but i'm not sure if all. I have a Matrix Infinity and I can say that it does play NTSC perfect on my PAL v9. If you have the original it'll tell you on the case or the disc. If you downloaded it, it should say on the torrent file you used. I think there is software that will convert the game from PAL to NTSC or vice versa, then you burn it. I'm sure I did see that somewhere, though I may have been dreaming, if thats the case i'm sorry.