1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RealPlayer 10... convert rax to wav?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by cs81, Aug 26, 2004.

1. cs81

cs81 Member

Hello,
    I purchased songs from the RealMusic Store via RealPlayer 10. However, when I try to burn a CD, nothing writes to the CD although RealPlayer says it has burned successfully. I do not have this problem burning to a CD from Windows Media 9. Is it possible to convert the RealPlayer 10 rax files to wav format? How do I go about this? Or, does anyone know another way I can get the songs to burn from RealPlayer 10? Please help!!!!
    Thank you!

2. cs81

cs81 Member

Would StreamBox Ripper help me in this situation?????? Was just reading the thread about it on this board...

3. cs81

cs81 Member

Does anyone know anything that might help me with these RealPlayer 10 rax files? I would really like to burn my CD, but have no clue how to get the songs to write to the CD. I am only suspecting the rax format is causing the problem I am experiencing, because I do not have any trouble writing to a CD from Windows Media Player 9.
    I am open to any suggestions and appreciate your help!

Thanks!

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2004
  5. StressPup

StressPup Member

I was having the same problem as cs81 until today - really, really dreading converting the files, etc.

[bold]But ...[/bold]

While searching for port information on Real.com, I think I came across the answer at http://tinyurl.com/5w4bg . (Would have been nice to find it when I was searching for CD burning problems.)

cs81, did you enable the "test mode" function in the CD burning options? I did; I always do in any program I burn CDs with, so I end up with fewer throw-aways. However, in RealPlayer, unlike the other CD recording software I've used, "test mode" doesn't mean "test and record". It just means test. [bold]Period.[/bold] End of story. When RealPlayer says the CD has been successfully burned, it really means that the test has been successful.

Turn off "test mode" and the CD should burn with no problems.

Hope it helps!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  6. cs81

cs81 Member

Wow, StressPup! It worked!!!! All I had to do was uncheck the test box...So didn't know it meant JUST test. LOL! You don't know how much time I have spent trying to get a good quality CD made from these songs. I did get some help at another board, but this way really gets the quality I paid for direct from RealPlayer. Thanks so much for your help! :)