1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

realtek audio manager screen

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by rtrg, Dec 29, 2018.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I tried to use a usb sound card that is plug and play. no drivers needed nor does it come with a cd. it does not work in any usb port even though it is being powered. all 10 ports are enabled and the realtek driver is working. the REALtek hd audio manager screen is missing. I tried to download it but failed. the "run" dialog after extracting does not appear. the overall volume is now lower. all volume sliders are at 100%. before the sound card I had the sliders set to 60 to 80%, more than enough. any higher produced clipping. i suspect the manager had something to do with allowing a lower slider setting. how do I download the manager as a separate app? for HP elite 8000 cmt, win 7 pro 32 bit. At present tv volume needs to be increased to compensate. I am using a pc to tv converter. the audio comes from the line out jack. the small amp connected to the same line out is not effected. solutions please?

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Did you look in control panel for the Realtek manager icon? Did you look in control panel "sound" to see which item is defaulted for audio?

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

yes and yes. no icon in any list. only indication of its presence is in the volume dialog. installation of the manager as a stand alone also failed 3 times.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Have you tried uninstalling from device manager? If not open device manager, look up all of your audio devices, right click and uninstall them, reboot and let them be reinstalled.

5. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

no i will try that

6. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

2nd attempt. tried again and still no manager. tried to install as a stand alone app. no success. I still am living without it. I tried rolling back to an earlier time/state when it WAS there. no success yet again. the only other thing I can think of is a fresh OS install. perhaps it will turn up then. 3 hours of work to reinstall my many apps. is there a setting in the bios that needs to be changed?

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Take care that the fault is not in the USB sound card. Have you tried the unit on another PC? On some computers an error like that can be caused by a default setting in the bios. If you have an onboard built in audio unit that was there before you purchased your USB unit then there could be a hardware conflict. This is something that is harmless to try as long as you remember your settings. Boot into bios and search for your onboard card, and then disable it, save and then boot back into windows and try again. I can't be more specific because each system biod is quite different.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  8. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

tried that on a pair of desktops. Both needed a fresh os install for different reasons. both now show the same fault. even if I had a desktop that displayed the audio manager that would not tell me why. if I did a fresh os install on #3 that would in all likely hood would revert to the same fault telling me nothing. HP was of no help. all bios settings are correct. perhaps you can recommend an open source as in FREE volume booster for win 7 that will allow volume to be raised beyond systems max. that is one of the managers function. all I can find is shareware, trial, or paid versions for a system wide booster. any help welcome.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Perhaps I'm not entirely clear on what it is you're trying to do. Your onboard realtek output should be adequate for output all on its own. It's not designed to amplify anything which is why you need a set of amplified speakers for playback. So unless your onboard unit is defective then you really don't need anything else. If it is defective then you should be looking for a complete sound card that ideally has a PCIe port. I know USB units exist but I would never purchase one. If you don't have a free PCIe port then look to see if you have standard PCI port free. Here is an example.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...NE&IsNodeId=1&N=100161258 600011977 600011982

10. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

although the audio manager does not appear when anything is plugged into either line in port, I adjusted the built in equalizer bands to max. That increased volume slightly, enough to solve the issue. If needed I will add amplified speakers to the tv as the tv is being used as a computer monitor also. Amplified speakers are being used at the desktop. The tv amp is not as loud as the desktop. This desktop is a ten year old HP. My experience is that HP dislikes PCI cards. Creates issues, causes the desktop not to function properly. I also have a line level driver(preamp) I can add to the tv line out then drive non amplified speakers from that. Right now I think this solution was enough.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I also use a TV as a computer monitor and have been since 2008. I just recently upgrade from a 32" 1920x1080 to a 43" 4K unit. It has an okay 24 amp built in but fortunately it also has audio outs so I've connected it to a 500 Watt RMS system with 4 satellites, center, and 10" sub so I get full surround sound with enough power to party. I have two home-built computers (never owned a commercial desktop) and a ROKU Ultra plugged into. One PC acts almost solely as a DVR by picking up and recording off air stations. The reality is that you can't take the power you have and make it more without amplifying it because it can only do what it can do before it start clipping. The the input can be changed but the output will remain the same unless it's amplified. Enjoy!

12. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Responses won't show. Irritates me.

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

What do you mean? I see your response!

14. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

my current solution will work for now. I can always add amp/speakers to the tv later. while I have you here, I am using OSOFT OCAM screen recorder. works fine. a small minimal interface like a vcr control panel. only issue that it shows and records 8 small green squares, screen markers for any chosen screen size for recording even full size. is there a way to remove them or prevent them from being recorded? I am sure other apps do the same, at least those that allow resizing the screen.

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

To be frank, I haven't used the software so I really can't tell you, but there must be others on the site who have. It might require you to start a new thread, but you can copy and paste your last reply to save time.

Just a thought: This is the speaker system I'm currently using. But even a much lesser set of speakers will give you considerable improvement.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Sur...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B004M18O60

16. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I do see all responses now. I have no idea why I could not see some before.

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Just blame it on dRD, it always worked for me!

18. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member