1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reboot

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by andy15, Apr 21, 2005.

1. andy15

andy15 Regular member

ok hears my problem say if am on combat flight sim 3 within 40 miniutes eve 15 miniutes the screen suddenley goes black and the computer starts booting up also on swat 4 even sometimes just in indows with msn open. I checked my temp in bios and got system 34c cpu 55c just after it rebooted on combat flight simulator is something dead i ruled out the graphics card as i tryed a different radeon 9800pro i updated all drivers but can't find the problem also formated hard drive that still did't solve it

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

reseat all cards, ram & cables. try another psu

3. andy15

andy15 Regular member

tryed them all but my other psu is not big enough it 300wat this 1 350

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

give it a try as only an experiment

5. gizmobob

gizmobob Member

ddp is right... the Output Wattage of a Power Supply does not guarantee the Quality of the product. I've seen 500W PSU burst into flames after the computer's intial boot for the first time. I would bet my Ham Sandwich I packed for lunch that it is the Power Supply! BTW, 300W is fine for running a PC with 2 HD, and 2 Optical Drives as long as it is made from good quality parts. Use Enermax, Antec, or any other reputable PSU manufacturer.

6. cdan

cdan Regular member

i'm having major reboot problems. Started about 3weeks ago. I have 3 networked computers. One day when accessing my wifes computer to update some files, it made her computer reboot. Hers is 866, p3, 256ram. I did a clean install of xp sp2 about 10days earlier and all had been working fine. Uninstalled her lan driver and reinstalled, no help. Next it started rebooting now and then on it's own. Went into cmos and monitored the heat....all ok. Hooked up another fan just in case and then it wouldn't boot at all. Replaced the 145w ps with 450w. Would take 2-3 times to reboot. It started going into chkdsk after reboot...said there some errors on the hd....replaced hd and did complete reinstall of xp...again. Pretty soon it was rebooting every 10-20min. Ran memtest86 for 12hrs....no errors. Tried safemode but reboots in there too. Tried booting goldmem floppy.........as soon as it gets to autoexec file it reboots again. Now i can't even GET to safemode. Pulled out the 256ram and reseated, pulled the processor and reseated, reversed the ide cables and unplugged the floppy......no help. Uhhhh....any ideas......please??
    cdan