1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebooting at xbox logo

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Shrp77, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Shrp77

Shrp77 Member

Hi.

I've tried to flash my xbox 360 hitachi 0047DJ drive, however it turns out that I was trying to use a bad SATA controller. By the time I got the one recommended in the guides, the drive was most probably already bonked.

Anyways - I flashed the drive, hooked up the 360. Lo and behold, as soon as the spinning XBox 360 logo comes into sight, the console reboots.

The lights on the console flash green (all four) and then do their spinning thing that is typical for a console startup.

I have a Blaster 360 X2 kit mounted on the console (ModeB and external power turned off when the console is not hooked up the PC).

Tried restoring the drive to the original rom, however I still get the same problem (in additional that I needed to retry restoring the drive a good 10+ times before it took).

Has anyone else experienced a constantly rebooting console?

I'll try replacing the drive (moving over the drive key etc), and eventually I guess I'll have to remove the Blaster kit if that too doesn't work... :(

2. theridges

theridges Guest

try to hook up the drive without the blaster and see if it works...

3. Shrp77

Shrp77 Member

Turned out to be a combo of problems.

Had to replace the drive (flashing from a non-certified raid controller... not doing that again) and that the Blaster kit I had was the kind that has an issue with the Hitachi drives.

Won't be getting a new one of them until I absolutely have to (gave mine away to a friend that has a samsung drive in his 360).

Thanks for the help!! :D