1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuild PS2 Games No Longer Work

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DiRect, Jan 25, 2007.

1. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

I just put in Burnout Revenge - which I backed up and also Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix (which I also backed up), and neither of them seem to be working anymore using Swap Magic. I made another copy of Burnout Revenge, and all of a sudden - it works. When I say not working, I mean, for Burnout Revenge, game play stuck up so I re-booted the disc, and at the beginning Loading screen, it wouldn't go past that screen. For Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix, it would go to the menu screen, but not show the menu options, second time I inserted it, it wouldn't even load. Anyone know what the problem is?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what brand discs are you using?

3. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

I am using Ridata 8x DVD-R

4. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

It's not just the rebuilt games - but all the games are freezing. Okay, this is the real problem. I just had the PS2 in my room, everything was working just fine. I just brought it outside today, and half the games are freezing - I haven't tested them all but NFS MW is freezing, Budokai Tenkaichi is freezing too in random places... I don't know what's wrong, whether it's a problem with the media or something, but could it have something to do with the amount of electrical power? I have to move it back into my room and test if it's working fine again, and I will let you know of the results.

5. ColeyX

ColeyX Guest

I myself have been having the same problems with a lot of my games as well. it has something to do with the motor in the console, because you can see the disk speed up, and then it slows down. also, the laser seems to be searching for data on the media, possibly due to the disc turning too slow. i suspect that it could be a cooling problem. i have the slim version, and i can't play games with the lid closed. it will begin to freeze up, and i can blow on the disc, i know it seems weird, and the game will be good, or atleast playable for a minute or so. by the time you are playing the game, your too light headed to do so. there has got to be more to it, but this is all that i can figure. it also seems to give me less problems when the console hasn't been played that day. maybe it's just the Swap Magic, i dunno.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2007
  6. Ceberus

Ceberus Guest

Try turning the PS2 vertically. Believe me, it worked for me.

7. gmasi

gmasi Guest

-Use DVD Dycrypter then
    - Use Vertabin DVD-R Media. (Order a 25 pack from Best Buy)

8. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Okay, I moved the PS2 back into my room, and all of a sudden it's working properly again - all the games work. ColeyX I am sort of having the same problem as you, but opening the cover makes no difference to the game play - the games still freeze - some games at random points all of them. I made a second backup of Burnout Revenge however and it worked - but the original copy never loaded off the loading screen. Does anyone know what the problem is - is it a problem with the console, or a problem with the mod chip itself?

9. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

The backup copy I made of Burnout Revenge was a second backup copy, the one I was playing was the back up already. Does anyone what the problem is, I really need to fix it. Again, the games seem to be working fine inside the room, but outside the room they don't work. I do have bestbuy warranty, should I go and get it replaced?

10. Ceberus

Ceberus Guest

PM me if you want to know the solution