1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuilder/CCE made video_ts too large?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by LxOxSxI, Aug 15, 2004.

1. LxOxSxI

LxOxSxI Member

First and foremost, Afterdawn is a wonderful place you guys. My days seem to consist of thinking about afterdawn at work and then perusing the forums after work. I've been reading your forums for sometime now, and have to say it's amazing how much information is spread throughout here. It's like treasure hunting :).

I decided to start backing up my movies and did Final Destination 2 with DVD Shrink. No hitches.

Then I did Tomb Raider 2 with Rebuilder/CCE.. again, no hitches.

So I moved onto Matchstick Men and thought I'd do Rebuilder/CCE again. The only thing I changed outside of the guide is to rob space from extra's (i.e. I don't care about extra quality). It did it's thing and I attempted to burn it using Nero (as usual) but nero gives me an error this time. I can only think of 1 thing that may be causing it really. The video_ts files are 4,848,216,064 bytes. And puts the 'space left on disc bar' at the bottom of nero into the red a little. But my writer supports overburn and it's not much so I thought I'd try. This is what I get.

DVD-Video files reallocation failed. The resulting DVD-Video might be unplayable. Do you wish to continue? Yes or No

My nero is of latest version 6.3.1.20 and my burner is latest firmware. Any suggestions on what the problem is?

Secondly, if the Ripped files need no compression is there a benefit to CCE or would, say, shrink produce the same picture quality?

Thanks for your help everyone.

-LxOxSxI

EDIT
    ----
    CCE SP Trial 2.67.00.23
    avisynth: 2.5.4
    dvd-rb: .56
    anydvd 3.9.1.1
    dvd decrypter: 3.2.3.0
    eclcce: 1.81

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  2. LxOxSxI