1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuilding a ps2 game?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by OOGAWOOGA, May 1, 2005.

1. OOGAWOOGA

OOGAWOOGA Guest

can anyone please teach me how to make a game such as xenosaga 2(4.7gb) into a smaller size?(rebuilding)i really need to know what tools to us,how to use it, etc. i'd really appreciate if you can, thanks =)

2. Decon954

Decon954 Regular member

OOGAWOOGA There is a tread that covers how to do it look for the topic HOW TO USE CDVDGEN WITH ISO BUSTER and the post was bye winning11, It tells you what programs you will need and how to do it step by step. And it is easy to do i used this step by step Instructions to rebuild dead to rights 2 and it was my first time doing it, And it came out great. Good luck

3. Decon954

Decon954 Regular member

I just seen you post this twice don't do that, Once Under How Do I Rebuild A Ps2 game, And What Does It Do, Then FreeGamer Told you To Do A Search On Rebuilding Games To Find What You Were Looking For. Next Time Try Doing It Not Just Making A 2nd Post, People Get Pissed off When you Do Dumb Shit Like That.

4. g4techtv

g4techtv Guest

here is an easy way for *rebuilding* a ps2 game with nero:

1-->Extract the ISO using DVD Decryptor (ISO Read)
    2-->Open the ISO made with DVD decryptor with ISO Buster
    3-->Create a folder to put the files game files in
    4-->Extract the files using ISO Buster into the new folder. (select all and drag to new folder)
    5-->Arrange the files in the new folder so that they are in the EXACT same order as they appeare in ISO Buster.
    6-->Open Nero selesct DVD, then UDF/ISO
    7-->Under the UDF tab select "Force DVD video compatability mode(
    8-->Drag the files from the new folder into the Nero burning screen (in the exact order they appeared in ISO Buster)
    9-->Burn at 2X - 4X and your done.

5. g4techtv

g4techtv Guest

you need the latest nero software
    you can find it here-->http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/nero.cfm

6. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

Xenosaga 2 doesn't require rebuilding. I know this for a fact b/c i decrypted the both discs and made back up of both on each DVD5 DVD-R. The game runs just fine w/o any dvdloader or any special boot.

7. g4techtv

g4techtv Guest

he wants to know how to rebuild a game into a smaller size not if xenosaga 2 requires rebuilding. he is using the xenosaga 2 size for example.

8. OOGAWOOGA

OOGAWOOGA Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2005
  9. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Um yeah you could have learned that too by also using the search!! You know it pisses people off when someone comes on here asking same thing 20x a day

10. OOGAWOOGA

OOGAWOOGA Guest

-.- geeeze everyone is getting pissed off at me, and I DID use the search its just that the instructions aren't specific enough and thats y i am asking you ppl for advice...im just trying to learn

11. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

I was just joking anyway lol! I sometimes myself don't use the search bar because I cannot find enough info

12. OOGAWOOGA

OOGAWOOGA Guest

=p, ok lol sooooo.... anyone wanna teach me how to merge files using dos? like sending photo tutorials? =), o yea i have another problem, when i used cdgenerator it split the xenosaga into 4 files xeno000,xeno001,xeno002,xeno003,xeno004 and it ended up as the same size as it was be 4! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/legendarywarior/21.jpg this is the 4 files(same size as original xenosaga 2)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/legendarywarior/ha.jpg(ahhhh what am i doing wrong here!)

tutorial is here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/156785

sorry for my newbness, once i learn how to do this ill leave u guys alone

13. g4techtv

g4techtv Guest

OOGAWOOGA,
    the link you posted is showing the hard way of rebuilding a game, and a newbie like me we should use the nero way.

14. Decon954

Decon954 Regular member

g4techtv What's so hard about following step by step instructions ,I used these instructions to rebiuld metal geat solid 3 witch dosn't even need it but did it anyway just to learn and see if I could do It and It came out Great, It's Not As hard as you think, All I did was print out the step by step instructions And followed them to the T,I even named MY Files star.iml just to make it easy to follow the steps,Try It Some time I think You'll change your mide About It Being Hard, And as for doing it the easy way I've done that to,But doing it that way is not realy rebuilding the game just makeing it a little smaller so It's easier for swap magic to load. Swap Magic some times has a hard time loading games that are over 4.0gb. (Giveing you long load times,skips...ECT)

15. g4techtv

g4techtv Guest

dont you see that he got stuck on the step 3 and for him it can be hard to do , it doesn't mean is hard for me.

i have rebuild with the iso rebuild method

Mercenaries
    NBA street vol 3
    star wars battlefront

16. g4techtv

g4techtv Guest

OOGAWOOGA
    hey iam doing from step 3 and forward with image but it will take awhile
    i will help you so be patient.

17. OOGAWOOGA

OOGAWOOGA Guest

=p i think i got it g4 =),BUT the problem is when i burned the game, it went back to the original size of 4.3gb but the iso was 3.5gb, what am i doing wrong? o yea btw..while im playing xenosaga and when i run into a battle...and then a few seconds later the sound disappears..you think rebuilding the game will actually fix it? or do i need some special program to fix the audio

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2005
  18. g4techtv

g4techtv Guest

WHAT GAME ARE YOU TRATING TO RE-BUILD

19. g4techtv

g4techtv Guest

probably your missing a step in step 3
    did you extracted the files with isobuster in step 2?
    did you get 2 errors when you press the rec tab

20. OOGAWOOGA

OOGAWOOGA Guest

o.o xenosaga 2(trying to fix the sound issue when running into a monster) and nba street v3