1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reburning a bad burn

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by faye2211, Jun 20, 2007.

1. faye2211

faye2211 Member

Well not exactly as the topic says but I have old games burned on poor quality dvd's and i want to extract the iso from them and reburn them on my new taiyo yuden brand. What I want to know is are there any room for errors by doing this like will it still suck ass and read slow when i reburn it. Sorry im a freaking noob and i looked around for a question like this and didn't find one -.-

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

What I found with old media, was that is seemed easier and quicker to just extract everything from the old media to the hard drive, then compile it, burn it to new media. If your disks are ok it also ok just to direct copy, I just find the other quicker in case there are errors in reading the disk.
    In my case I had some DVD's that were hard to read, and even had to use a recovery program to first recover all data to the hard drive.

3. faye2211

faye2211 Member

Ah thank you very much now I don't have to re-obtain the orginals of my favorite games.

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Your welcome... if you have any problems don't hesitate to ask. Yes I agree its much easier than having to obtain them all again.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

all you should need is to copy the disc. If it is a DVD based game use DVD Decrypter to read the disc, then write to a new one.
    CD based games you can use Alcohol 120%

No extracting and rebuilding is needed.

6. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Unless its been quite some time since you burned your games on poor quality media brands and the quality of the dye and data has degraded excruciatingly, then some problems you might see presented in your new Taiyo Yuden DVD could be from your old ISO you've extracted from your bad disc. Overall, that generally doesn't happen except with only one game for me which was Dragon Quest 8, and most likely to a 99% guaranteed, the ISO extracted from the bad disc burnt on the better media disc would almost absolutely work incredibly better. It isn't a wasted effort in doing this. You'd be generally surprised how well it can work.