1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent games not working

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by DJ_Yuz, Aug 30, 2004.

1. DJ_Yuz

DJ_Yuz Member

I've been booting backups fine for years now; using a Messiah 2. Out of the 300-odd games tested on this system (all CDRips) only one or two refused to boot completely over all this time.

Lately though, it seems as if none of the more recent (released in last 2-3 months) games will boot. I'm using the same burner as always, same media (TDK), same software (Nero 6), and I've tried multiple vers from multiple sources to make sure I didnt have a bad image. Anyone have any theories on what might be happening?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  2. rabbit619

rabbit619 Member

DJ, is it possible to rip DVD ps2 games onto a CR-R. My SBOX mod won't support DVD-R and most games are DVD. Can I do this?

3. DJ_Yuz

DJ_Yuz Member

It certainly is possible to learn; but not neccesarily easy. There are a few DVDRip tutorials floating around, I suggest you search for them and perform the tutorial DVDRips they walk you through. While this won't help you become an expert overnight, it will teach you a lot about the process.