1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recent problem with Dvd Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by oggydog, Dec 28, 2004.

1. oggydog

oggydog Member

I have a number of burned dvd's I have done with little to know problem. Recently I have been having more and more issues with dvd shrink. It freezes my computer or it reboots, either during the transfer process to C drive or the burning to dvd.

I have upgraded my memory from 256mb to 512mb (just for the hell of it)didn't help, I read about computers getting hot and found my heatsink under my fan on my processor was dirty and I cleaned it, no help. I tradeds out my video card with another, no help. Tried burning with case open , to cool it even further, no help. re-installed DVD shrink, no help.

Out of Thoughts, please help

My computer is an AMD 1800+, win XP, 512mb, 3DGeforce, Dvd Shrink 3.2, Nero 6.0,

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

This might be a dumb question but have you tried Defragging your HDD? I know after several burns I notice a lag in preformance, and it usually helps.

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

Just a thought, what programs do you have installed and perhaps running at the same time you are using DVD Shrink?
    Have you installed any new software recently? It sounds to me like it could be a program conflict, so maybe turn all running programs off including screensaver and see how that goes.

4. oggydog

oggydog Member

Thank you both for the responses, I will try all the suggestions and let you know how it turns out I am using DVD Shrink 3.2 and I disabled the antivirus and the IM as well as I run Aware everytime before burning. I don't know of anything else running, startup and also empty