1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rechargable batteries

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by dianogah, Jun 28, 2007.

1. dianogah

dianogah Member

so here's a question not related to modding for once...

ANYWAYS. i was in futureshop today and saw they had a few rechargeable battery things specifically for the Wiimote. i did a little bit of research on the items but there isnt a lot. all ive read were negative reviews.

has anyone bought any Wii specific rechargable batteries? should i just buy regular ones and use those?

2. tigrfire

tigrfire Member

Wii-specific batteries or not, you should focus on the following things when getting rechargeable batteries:

*Type: Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) or NickelMetal Hydride (NiMH)
    This is important because it will dictate what kind of charger you need as the chargers for these type aren't backwards compatible
    *Power Rating: This is usually in mAh which you basically want as much as possible out of. This will mean fewer recharges.
    *Low Self Discharge Yes or No: This means that the battery, when not in use, will not lose as much power on its own. A battery left alone can actually die even not in use and LSD batteries tend to have a longer "shelf" life.

I've got a few of the Duracell 2650mAh AA batteries right now and they're great. Bottom line is: just get the best priced battery with the highest mAh.

3. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

4. Demaster

Demaster Regular member

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  5. keypox

keypox Regular member

bad very bad... do not waste your money