1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recode 2 question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bigdm, Feb 1, 2005.

1. bigdm

bigdm Member

On the Burn Setting page, is it necessary to check the "Advanced Analysis" box. I have been checking this for about 90% of my backups (not the kid's DVDs) since it suggest that the quality will be improved. The problem is that it is taking a very long time to backup a DVD since it has to do it twice at 2.4X speed. If there is no real significant improvement in quality I can save time and ware on my writer.

bigdm

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The difference comes depending on how much of the actual movie you are compressing. If you arent compressing it to much say 20% or less you probably won't be able to tell any difference using the Advanced Analysis box. If you are compressing a lot though and using menus and extra's then using that setting is a good idea as it does improve the quality. I dont use it because I don't back up any of the extra junk and my movies have little to no compression so it really is just a waste of time.

3. bigdm

bigdm Member

All my backups have the menu and a few of them contain the extras. I would say that my compression range from 0% to 30% at the most. Your email suggest that for most of my dvd backups I can burn without the advance analysis since they have been compressed less than 20%. Thanks for the reply.

bigdm