1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recodings freezing on Starview PVR

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by clipon, Jan 10, 2008.

1. clipon

clipon Member

Some of the movies I have recorded freeze up after a few minutes. Doesn't happen all the time. Any explanation? Also as I posted before when I record 4-5 channels (including the one I'm recording) lose their signal. All leads plugged in right. Unit pre flashed. Works fine if just watching something. Its the recording thats a problem. Faulty drive?

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    First do you have recent firmware in it. Yes it could be a suspect drive,is it old. I presume you have formatted it,do you have a spare to try. Have a look in the link below in Starview_PVR folder/Documentation folder, download and read plenty, very good info in there. the firmware upgrades and how to do it are in also.

http://eko.4shared.com/
    jbvid

3. clipon

clipon Member

Yea, only bought it a couple last month. It was supposed to be plug and play, came with brand new Weston Digital HD. Channels are all scanned in fine and like I said it works perfectly when watching tv. This crap only happens when I record and then not always.