1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recommend a place in the UK to new prechipped PSTWO

Discussion in 'PS2' started by grundle, Oct 30, 2004.

1. grundle

grundle Member

im looking to get a prechipped PSTWO with a chip that does everything. can you guys recommend a reliable place thats trustworthy in the UK
    thanks
    Grant

P.s anyone know if i can play fifa 2005 online (original dics with a modchip in my machine) ?

2. Carl.J.

Carl.J. Member

Try www.mrmodchips.com, i dont think they do a prechipped one but they will install one on a PSTwo for you... through their fitting service. If you are deciding on which chip to install, the only one that they have and works on the new pstwo is the Matrix Infinity.

Good Luck

3. grundle

grundle Member

is that the chip you would reccommend? what in most people's opinions is the best chip and why? dont they all kinda do the same thing?

4. Carl.J.

Carl.J. Member

Oh and your fifa 2005 might not be working because of your chip, you cant play online if you have a chipped machine, you need one of the latest chips that have a sleep mode function, where it turns itself off after loading the game... then you will be able to play it online

5. Carl.J.

Carl.J. Member

Well, if you want to mod the new PStwo (slim version) then thats the only one now that actually works on it, plus it is one of the latest chips out now, (released on 29/10/o4 i think)

Just make sure that you mention its the new PStwo.

BTW the fitting service wont be avalable until the 7th... I got wait aswell to get my new PStwo modded...

6. grundle

grundle Member

im not sure what chip i have (just bough it pre chipped) i think its some kind of massiah i did try holding the reset for a few seconds, then tried a backup of a game and it didnt load so put fifa back in and loaded it.. it went passed the dnas screen on fifa so i think it worked ?? coz sometimes i tired it and it says bad disc or something?? (so i assumed that time the chip may have been on)

will it ban me if it detects a modchip? or just not work

is www.mrmodchips.com based in UK? is the Matrix Infinity chip one of the better ones (ie this sleep mode) or are there better?

if i get a new PSTWO i want it to be able to do everything

7. grundle

grundle Member

does the new slimline PSTWO have a fireoptic connection on it 5.1? as ive not actually seen one in person yet.

Do you know if all teh massiah chips had sleep mode? mine is about 2 years old.

8. Carl.J.

Carl.J. Member

Firstly www.mrmodchips.com is based in the uk (somewhere in Sheffield i think)...

About the bad disc thing, im not so sure if its to do with ur chip or the cd you put in... do you have to do something other than put the backup disc in to play it?(like press reset, or press a key on joypad or something?)

Anyways i dont know much about Messiah chip, all i can tell you is it isn't the best chip around...

Yes matrix infinity does have sleep mode and all the latest functions you would need....

And about if it is the best one or not, all i can say is it is now, but technology keeps improving all the time...

9. Carl.J.

Carl.J. Member

If the messiah is two years old, it will definately not have sleep mode, as 2 years ago chips weren't so advanced as they are now

10. Carl.J.

Carl.J. Member

by the way where did you buy your prechipped ps2 from? how much was it?

are you going to sell it before you buy a new PSTwo?

11. grundle

grundle Member

the ps2 i got the x-mas before last im not sure how much it was i think about £70 on top of high street price (as it was prechipped) it was from a site called PMC modchips. but i dont think the site is there anymore.

i had a quick look at www.mrmodchips.com and hes got the Matrix Infinity for £30 but there are DMS4 PRO and DMS3 Plus @ £38 and £28. would these be better chips if i was to remove the massiah from my PS2 ??

guessing the 2 that are more expensive wont work in a PSTWO from what you prev said.

I would probably keep my old PS2 and put a updated chip in if i get a slimPSTWO. if you looking for a console i have a UK ps2 that when trying to chip the cd tray wont now move if you think u can fix it?

12. Carl.J.

Carl.J. Member

hmm....

tray wont move? let me have a search and i'll see if i can do something about it...

The other chips you metioned, DMS4 and DMS3.. 4 will work on the new PSTwo, and in older PS2s, but im not sure if it plays backups tho...

DMS3 wont work on the new PStwo but will work on older versions, again im not sure if this plays backups either...

try DMS's website... www.dms3.com

13. grundle

grundle Member

if they wont play backups why do people use them for?? imports only?

14. Carl.J.

Carl.J. Member

to play something called homebrew's, as in testing games and stuff... but im not so sure tho...