1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend a Usenet server

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Balaam, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

So, I'm finally ready to kick of the training wheels that is Easynews, and while it is a great service, it's just getting way too expensive. So I'm wondering if anyone here would like to recommend their favorite server. I'm a heavy user, and am looking for unlimited access for a small monthly price. Right now, I've narrowed down my search to astraweb and usenetserver. Both offer the same plans, but I see from the server status page of usenetserver that they have been having almost continous problems in this new year. So, does anyone have any experience with those two? Anyone care to throw out anymore names?
    TIA

2. allin

allin Regular member

Newshosting are regarded as one of the best. They have 24 days retension and I have not had any problems with them. For an unlimited plan it works out at $15 a month. Usenetserver is the same but I think the retension is a little less. I used usenetserver for a good while and did not have any problems with them. I just wanted to try newshosting because everybody was saying they were the best value for money. Also giganews is offering [bold] 50 [/bold] days retension for $25 a month. I'm going to try this at the end of the month when my newshosting account runs out.

3. akamurph

akamurph Member

I would have to agree with newshosting... I switched to them over easynews about 5 months ago - unlimited for only $15 is a great deal, especially when you think of all the movies, music, games, apps etc. you get.

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

cool, I went with astraweb before I read these comments. Retention is only 15 days, so I think I'll switch to newshosting when the month is out.

Does newshosting have a speed cap on their unlimited account?

5. cheater89

cheater89 Member

how is Newshosting work? i want to try it. i went to the site and i got confuse. thanks

6. akamurph

akamurph Member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005