1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recommend me a mod chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by scorpNZ, Jan 14, 2007.

1. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Ok folks i'm in the market for a mod chip for the PS2 slimlines the only two i'm familiar with are gameshark @ action replay,there is another that i've come across called DMS4 but i have no idea whether it's any good,so i have PAL slimlines in New Zealand both consoles are still wanted to game online if money was no object which would you go for (no i aint rich at least not yet :p, but i want the best quality)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  2. steimy

steimy Active member

Action Replay and Gameshark are cheat discs, not mod chips.

DMS4 Pro SE is a great chip and has a lot of functions, but if you plan to play a lot of games online i suggest you buy a Crystal Chip V2.0
    After you flash the chip (done with all chips) with the newest firmware on the internet it will be able to patch the back up games you make automatically so you can play them online.
    With other chips you wil have to learn to manually patch the DNAS of the back up game before you burn it.

All back up games must be patched to play online unless you have a chip that can auto patch. And the only one i know is the Crystal Chip

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Jeeez steimy we have to stop meeting like this :p , Ok sweet as either DMS4 or the crystal ,the main concern i had with online was more for the chip itself stopping me,i figured for online play it should be able to be turned off and the ps2's original chip take over,the back up part is a bonus but at this stage i want the chip more for backing up the majority of my offline type games as well as playing NTSC,since downunder we don't get a very good selection of games and there's a number of games i want from states side

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  4. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular member

cheap affordable and stable is Duo3 Gold, the only thing is that you'll have to manually turn it off when you do online game play.