1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me a VU box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by hursty, Jan 1, 2014.

1. hursty

hursty Active member

Hi chaps
    in need of some help, bought the SKYF5s box a few days ago, and already have the bug to upgrade
    I worked out the VU box is popular choice, but damn there are loads to chose from

i looked at this site in the u.k

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu

and as you can see, lots of choice

I dont want to overkill and waste money on things i wont use.Things that are important to me are

needs to have a decent EPG and user friendly for the wife, not the usual whats on next only
    I need to beable to record programs whilst watching another
    wifi would be nice , currently using homeplugs

Iam not particularly interested in streaming youtube and all that, or connecting apps/ipads etc to it.I just want to watch tv.

Now based on the above, what box best suits?
    And based on what box, what other considerations to i need to make? i currently have the standard sky box fitted that i used to use (dual lnb)

Thanks

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

I believe you can get 7 day epg on the skyboxes now,
    can record to memory stick/external hdd, dunno if theres enough room to shot a 2.5 sata in, but you have to record what you watch
    theres an f5 dongle to make it wireless and other ways to make it wireless without using homeplugs.
    just trying to save you some pennies, but if your like me your mind is set and your going for it lol

3. hursty

hursty Active member

yeah man, i have just this minute sorted the 7 day epg, makes a massive difference
    although the movies are not working for some reason? any clues?
    the f5 dongle is shit mate, tried it, they dont work

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

nah no idea just remeber a few posts on here saying the things ive listed, I've a dm800 hardwired

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

on other forum i am on, 60% of posts are skybox related,clones/originals ,wrong firmware images,missmatch,started off with tm1000d many many moons ago,current boxes solo,duo,max 1000 hd,and now solo2 all running vix,epg 7 days and auto bouquet maker for no more looking for channel lists.from what you describe the solo2 as the current box you will like,the duo2 is better but for the higher market[ too expensive ] at least your looking in the right place and if a member over there 5% discount to members and i got a 500gb internal fitted and box flashed with vix firmware current at time,you need to load the extras.

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

do you have an original or clone box mickah?

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I dont have one myself, but the family have a few F3's using the wireless dongles