1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations needed for Audio CD burning software

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by liz630, Dec 4, 2007.

1. liz630

liz630 Member

Hello,

After a long and exhaustive battle trying to get Nero 8 to work properly, I'm giving up. I use DVDFab Plat for DVDs, and can't see keeping Nero around just for burning audio. It's a big program, and I don't use anything else on it.

I'd like recommendations for audio cd burning software; freeware preferable but I'd consider paying for it. A pared-down, simple program would be great and, very important, one which removes the 2-second gap between tracks. CDBurnerXP comes up on Google; does anyone know anything about that?

Many thanks,
    Liz

2. piano632

piano632 Regular member

I would have suggested Feurio but it is not exactly simple to use for a beginner. It's free and I consider it the best audio CD burning program since it gives a lot of options/controls. It's more for advanced users, but it's free (though they do ask for money on the honor system).

http://www.feurio.com/English/index.shtml

3. liz630

liz630 Member

That looks like a really good program, with a lot of options! Even the 2-second thing and the cd text writing, which not all programs have.

My burner isn't on their list of supported writers, but I'm going to research this some more.

Thanks so much!

Liz

4. piano632

piano632 Regular member

Feurio does have a few different generic drivers you can select from, so it's possible your drive can still be used. I was able to use a Samsung DVD burner with Feurio and it's not on the supported drives list either. But you'd have to test yours with the various generic drivers. It does have simulated burning so you can check for problems before you actually start wasting discs.

5. liz630

liz630 Member

Sorry to appear dense, but are the generic drivers included in the download, or are they on the site; I couldn't find them. The whole thing is only about 2.5mb, is that correct?

6. piano632

piano632 Regular member

Yes, the generic drivers are included in the program. If you go to Project > Burn Project, a new window will pop up and you will see the name of the CD writer and next to it an "Info" button. Press the Info button, then the Driver tab then "select driver" which will give you a list of various drivers you can try. Then you just have to keep trying different drivers until one works.

7. liz630

liz630 Member

Thank you piano, very much!