1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by wutang200, Dec 19, 2012.

1. wutang200

wutang200 Member

Guys, I'm thinking of going down the Sly route using the cheapest box available. I already have a dish installed and can get FTA chans already using my existing Sly box.

1. Which box would you recommend that is cheap and cheerful? (not too fussed about HD chans but would be a nice bonus)

2. Would I get specific asian channels such as SET Asia, B4U, etc?

3. Can I use homeplugs to make the connection to my router? (it's a pretty quick connection at 150 Mbps)

4. Anything else I need such as pointing the sat dish somewhere else?

Thanks.

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

1. Which box would you recommend that is cheap and cheerful? (not too fussed about HD chans but would be a nice bonus) - Read the threads on Blade, Skybox and HD9001, all HD boxs and cheap,

2. Would I get specific asian channels such as SET Asia, B4U, etc? - Yes if you are using card share

3. Can I use homeplugs to make the connection to my router? (it's a pretty quick connection at 150 Mbps) - Yes, once they are on the same circuit, meaning if the plug in your sitting room beside your TV is on the same power circuit as the plug beside the router

4. Anything else I need such as pointing the sat dish somewhere else? - Nope

Lastly read the forum, a lot is already covered and some great posts and reviews

3. wutang200

wutang200 Member

Thanks MICKAH.

Been reading the Skybox thread and I like the sound of it. Ticks all my boxes.

Only thing I'm having trouble understanding is the Card Share or C Line thing as I can't get my head around it sorry.

Do I need to purchase a specific card or something?

Please feel free to PM me any relevant info if required.

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Hi mate, no, basically you add a line of information, sim to a web address to the box, easy to do, and this will clear chans, but you need to get a line from someone,