1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended external DVD Burner

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ogm, Feb 14, 2003.

1. ogm

ogm Member

Hey hey. I've just gotten my ps2 chipped and I want to burn some dvd ps2 games. Got the right programs. Got the knowlege...(kind of). The thing is I want to buy an external DVD burner to burn the games because I don't really trust myself to install an internal one (New Computer). Can anyone recommend a good -external- DVD burner? I'd Really Appreciate it...Oh yeah and it has to be compatable with Prassi PrimoDVD 2.0. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]SO....SO LOST!!![/small]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2003
  2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Buy a regularinternal DVD burner and get an external USB or fire wire casing for it. I have a friend who uses this method an dit works great. He uses a pioneer ao5 burner.

3. newbee101

newbee101 Regular member

Real eazy to install! If you know how to work a screw driver (and unscrew four screws for the DVD drive), pull out/put it cables (that only fit one way) then I dont see the why you shouldn't get a internal dvd rom. Internal are way more reliabe and faster that those external.

But I would recommend the Pioneer 4x ao5

4. ogm

ogm Member

Thanks u guys. The info. was really helpful. I'v just read some manuals on installing internal burners and it really doesn't look that hard. I think I'll do it myself. Thanks Again.