1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended PS2 chip????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ntranger, Nov 23, 2004.

1. ntranger

ntranger Member

Hey folks, I am getting ready to purchase a mod chip for my PS2, and am wanting to know which one is recommended? I have been told to use almost every chip on the market, but nobody really tells me why. I think I will probably get the Matrix Infinity chip, unless told otherwise. I am also going to mod my X-Box, but thats for a different forum. Any ideas or information on what everyone is using would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nt

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

im using the matrix infinity and it has given me no problems. most people say the matrix is the best chip on the market.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  3. ntranger

ntranger Member

Did you install the chip yourself? If so, was it very difficult? I got a ST-7 tip for my Weller solder station and 30 gauge Kyron wire, so I think I am good there. I am decent at this stuff, so I figure I should be ok.

Nt

4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Ive also got a Matrix Infinity in my V9. A fantastic chip.

5. romance

romance Member

I have a matrix infinity chip. So far I love it. I have only played a few back ups so far on it but it worked every time. I got it installed at norcalmods.com They always responded fast to my emails.

6. radiomoon

radiomoon Guest

hi guys new the the forum. i'm planning to go with the matrix too, but one thing... are you guys using dvd+r's or dvd-r's to do your backups?

7. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I use Datawrite Classic DVD+r burned at 4x with Alcohol 120%. Having had one fail to burn/boot yet.

8. Beerrun

Beerrun Member

Where do you mount the matrx infinity chip on a v4 ps2

9. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

10. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

hey guys, I have a slim PSTwo and want to get a chip fo it. Now I realize there are very few chips that are compatible with this new design system so im gunna go with either the MATRIX INFINITY or the new chip GHOST G2 (follow-up of the MESSIAH 2). So I am asking any of you what your advice would be between both these modchips. Also if any one has had problems with the MATRIX INFINTY burning out the SLIM PS2's laser. (which I heard from many modchip sellers) thanks alot in advance!

11. Newfee

Newfee Regular member