1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Record 2 channels at same time?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by paddyb, Feb 11, 2005.

1. paddyb

paddyb Member

I'm new to concept of PVR, but am attacted to the idea of being able to select programmes to record from on screen listings - so much easier than setting a timer. In the UK this is available with freeview digital. my question is: as many of theser machines have 2 digital tuners so that you can watch one channel while recording another, is it also possible to record 2 channels at same time. If not, is it likely someone will come up with a machine that can do this in the near furure?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

it all depends on the brand. the ones they have here in the US with dual tuners can either record one channel and watch another, or record two channels simultaneously. my guess is yes, it can record both. But you could probably find out online at the cable providers website

3. footman

footman Member

I have Sky+ and it is possible to record 2 channels simultaneously. You can then watch a third channel through your standard aerial.

4. codymax

codymax Member

Hi,
    If you have a D-sh N-twork 522 reciever you can record 2 different programs at the same time.