1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Record Now Max 4.5 error (with Superman 2)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by loxley32, Sep 10, 2003.

1. loxley32

loxley32 Member

I have been having trouble burning Superman or Superman 2. I was able get my hands on Record Now 4.5, and I foloowed the steps in the guide here and I got this error about 5 mionutes or less into the process: "Data Job Untitled 2 Terminated with Errors" underneath that line it said "Erroe - 10 at Sector 800 - Command : 2A Sense: FF ASC: 02 ASCQ:OE" I have no idea what went wrong or why? any clues?

2. Withnail

Withnail Guest

loxley32, if you go on to the 'dvd-r for advanced users' and look on the 'RecordNow DX with a sony DRU510A errors'. I had a similar message with every dvd i ripped. Make sure you have DMA enabled on your dvd drive, I also found out that changing the burning speed to 1x stopped the error, even though the dvd-r said 4x.

3. loxley32

loxley32 Member

DMA on my DVD drive ... can you help me? what is that and how do I enable it? I have made 1 successful back up -I burned "The Sixth Sense" using DVD Decrypter, then DVD2One and then Nero 6, but I have heard Record Now DX is better for less errors. thank you for helping.

4. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

it is a type of data transfer algorrithm like tcp/ip in the bios. don't touch what u don't know!

5. Withnail

Withnail Guest

DMA - Direct Memory Access, check out dvd-r for advanced users and click on the 510aDRU510A Rip speed link.

6. loxley32

loxley32 Member

media .. it was my media ... I switched to Ritek discs and all is well !!!!

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

On the DMA point, there isnt really any harm in changing the settings to DMA if available, but since you have yours working, i wouldnt bother. To change the DMA, go to the device manager.

8. akoli

akoli Member

With my sony i got the same error but just tried burning with other bits of software and it fixed itself . I know thats no help whatsoever but I'm still using the same batch of media that i was using when the secto 10 error occured (no other media I tried worked either)

Just out of Interest does it burn about 50% on to the disc and stop look at the surface from inside out and see if the colour change goes out about half way !!!