1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Record Now Max question

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Yuriv, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Hi,
    I thought I had solved my standalone compatiability problem by going to Record Now Max. NOw the player accepts the discs (sometimes) but plays them back with stutters.
    One thing that I have noticed is that Record Now Max will not burn at 1x. I use 1x media, and I always select 1x as the max speed when burning (I follow Chris' guide). However, when I hit burn, Record Now max starts with a 60:XX minutes remaining, and quickly revises this to about 30mins.
    Basically, it is recording at 2x even though I am specifying that it should record at 1x.
    Any suggestions?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It will go as fast as the media allows it to go. The DVD's you are using may be 1x media, but this is probably because they are just under the 2x in actual supported speed. What media are you using and what is the drive you are using toburn with. Cheers ;-)

3. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I just noticed that with RecordNow as well. I had made a coaster for somebody (yes, Ken bought cheap media) and was re-burning it. I wanted to be sure of quality, so I set the speed to 1X and the same thing happened.

4. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

I am using Saehan 1x DVD-Rs and an LG GMA 4020B DVD-RW drive.
    WHat's this about the program burning "as fast as the media lets it." Seems to me if I set something to max at 1x, I should expect to be able to veto media's opinion on how fast it wants to burn.
    This also makes me curious about what the difference is between discs that can burn at different speeds. Is it a different material? A different thickness?
    Just curious!

5. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Well Yuriv, you and I are using the exact same burner, so maybe that has something to do with it. Different media, however.

Chris, are you getting the same thing? Just curious if it might be yet another issue with the el cheapo LG burners.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No im not getting that problem Ken. It amy be the burner. I was looking at the specs of your standalone Ken, its a quality system alright. Not cheap either.

The difference is to do with the thickness and colour and quality of the dyes i believe, though i could be wrong.

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Thats, a strange one......!!!!!!!

Put the media through nero cd/dvd speed and check out the id/burn speed.

My bet is that, you have 1x rated media but the id on the disc is for 2x....just a thought...

LG are normally a solid burner/roms, however I used to have read problems with my LG cdrw/dvdrom concerning fluctuating speed issues when ripping - especially with cheap media - even for just normal data transfer.....