1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recorded DVD disks just stop while playing

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gvrz9, Mar 3, 2005.

1. gvrz9

gvrz9 Member

I'm sorry, but I did not see clear answer for this question. I have Pioneer DVR-108 burner and using DVD Cloner II with TDK DVD-R disks. After month of using the Cloner (without any problem) I experience some problem with playing DVD-R disks (which just recorded, not old disks). The movie is just suddently stops and it seems like the DVD player has some difficulties reading the disk because of the noise. I did not change anything in my computer. Just put some labels. The first thing what I did, I just removed the labels, ... same result. Second, I tried to record on hard drive. It's kind of worked. But the player still has some noise playing these disks. I do NOT know what to do next: change DVD disks, uninstall Nero or something else? ..........
    If somebody could help me with this problem, I'll really appreciate this.

2. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

There is no clear answere. Your going to have to experiment. You do not mention the speed your burning the disks. What media does pioneer recommend for that drive go to there website and find out. Most people who are not having issues are burning at 4X. Fact I've done some testing from 4X to 16X burns and ran them threw Nero disk quality tests, The slower you burn the lesser errors you have on the disk. Could be +R VS -R in your player. I have a simular problem with my xbox It seems to like -R better than +R. Although I can take the same disk that freezes in xbox and it plays fine in my apex model#2500. You will find most everyone is recommending Verbatum and Tiyo Yuden media. I have used both and must say both work flawlessly in my sony drive DRU710A. There also listed on sony's website.

good luck

Spacedust..

3. gvrz9

gvrz9 Member

One more thing. Can the labels do such thing? I mean If I put label on disk, is it possible that quality of picture (or maybe the disk will be harder readable by DVD player) became worse?

Thanks for your help.

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Most people on these Forums discourage use of "stick on" labels due to higher failure rate in playing the DVD. Do a search on "Labels" and you can read for your self.