1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recorded DVD won't play in other machines

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by myrealtr, Apr 24, 2005.

1. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

My husband has an Emerson DVD Recorder system that is used to record TV progrmas to watch at a later time. We can't seem to get them to play in either the Panesonic DVD Home Theater Sound System we have or the Norcent DVD player our son has. They will play in the Emerson machine that I recorded them on but that's the only machine they seem to play on. We understand if we use the DVD-RW media that we can only play those re-writable discs in the machine they're recorded on but when we use the DVD-R discs to record programs to send to our son who is overseas in the military we can't get those to play in the other machines either. Can someone tell my what we could be doing wrong or what the problem could be?
    Thanks for any help we can get.
    Linda

2. wondercom

wondercom Guest

you need to finalize your dvd-r or dvd-rw disk with your dvd recorder before you play it on other machines. Read your dvd recorder manual.
    DVD player can't play any unfinalized dvd disk.

3. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Thanks for the info. The manual is so complicated and confusing we just give up after trying to get help from it.
    Thanks for you help. I'm going to try to find the manual again and give it another try.
    Have a good day.
    Linda