1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recorder DVD +R/RW

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by sirius60, Dec 24, 2004.

1. sirius60

sirius60 Member

Hi

I've purchased a standalone DVD Recorder to put all our family movies - vhs tapes onto DVD and preferably DVD-R if possible.......
    We have bits of movies scattered on many tapes and what I want to be able to do is to put them in chronological order on a DVD (as chapters???????)..........
    I want to do this through my computer cause some of the sound on some of the tapes is a bit dogey so I want to put some background music on.
    I'm sure someone has told me in the past I can record the tapes onto a DVD +RW disc through the recorder then write them to the computer and then..... (not sure of the terms....do I mean author them).....then burn them to a DVD -R...... of course I could be imagining things... :)

All help much appreciated

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

If you want to do serious editing to the DVDs (like adding transitions and creating menus), then you might want to convert the DVD VOBs to AVI or MPEG files using something like ImTOO DVD Ripper, and then using a video editing program like Pinnacle Studio, ULead Movie Factory or Adobe Premiere to edit and convert back to DVD. If you just want to cut and slice, maybe use DVDLab or TMPGEnc.

3. sirius60

sirius60 Member

Thanks for that DogBomb,I've got a Ulead Movie 2 prog on the computer so i'll give it all a go...... again thanks :)

I've got DVD2One and Smart Ripper and DivX2DVD will either of them do to convert the vobs to avi.....?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004