1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recorders won't play burnt discs

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Tatlover, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Tatlover

Tatlover Member

I recently bought 2 different stand alone dvd burners and have returned them for this problem. I am going to buy another but I need to know why I'm having this problem before I do.
    Problem is my burnt dvds won't play in the recorders. I tried +R,-R and +RW. They all play fine in my players (even PS2) but not the recorders. My originals would play fine. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i would say you're probably using crappy media and/or not finalizing your discs.

why use a standalone versus an internal drive in your pc? are these just shows you want to record off of TV?

3. Tatlover

Tatlover Member

I'm trying to play movies I burnt using my PC using Memorex and TDK media. I want the recorder to convert my vhs to dvd. Do you think I'd be better off with a capture card? If so, can you recommend a decent one? I just can't understand why they play in players but not recorders. Is there a difference in the way they read the disc or what?

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

memorex and tdk are very inferior media. try verbatim and taiyo yuden, the two best quality disc brands in existence.

and yes, i would say get a capture card, because you have more options for the quality you record at, in a variety of formats which can be directly edited, then burned to disc.

anything from Hauppage is good, tv tuner card-wise.