1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording CD quality songs (.wav) on DVD+R/RW

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by wowow, Nov 28, 2002.

1. wowow

wowow Member

On average, a song with CD quality is approx 40mb. This means i can record 1000 songs on 1 single DVD. I have tried copying the .wav files onto a DVD+RW using Nero and it didn't work. I can see the files on the DVD using my PC, but I can't the songs on the DVD player linked with the Hi-Fi system. Please help

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Wrong forum. How hard it can be, seriously?

3. wowow

wowow Member

Its hard because DVD players will automatically assume a DVD disc to play video files. Compare to VCD/CD disc, the player will search the files and then determines whether to play it as video of Audio.

4. dRD

I meant "how hard it can be to post to a _correct_ forum?"

And as for the audio DVD creation, one option is to make a dummy-DVD-Video disc. Encode a black screen with _low_ bitrate using TMPGEnc into MPEG-1 (otherwise preserving VCD specs, such as resolution and fps, but use very, very low bitrate) and encode your audio files into MP2 (two, not three) with 224kbps and 48kHz using tooLame and put this audio and your video into a DVD disc, using authoring software that allows CIF resolution files (some authoring tools don't allow it, some authoring tools try to re-encode the files into MPEG-2 -- both are incorrect, since DVD-Video specs _do allow_ MPEG-1/VCD files on DVD-Video disc). Then simply burn the disc and now you can have several thousands of minutes of audio on one DVD that your DVD player will play.

5. dRD

*moved to correct forum now*