1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording Errors MWR20V6

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by 1olfogey, Oct 28, 2007.

1. 1olfogey

1olfogey Member

Hi,

Ive scoured the forum for a possible solution before posting but could not find one. I purchased the MWR20V6 twice now with the same result. Everything works fine for about a month, i.e., recording, transfer, playback etc then all of a sudden the dvd wont record. There is space left on the disk. I am using DVD RW+ and then erase when Im finished. After recording 1 or 2 shows I get cannot record on this disk error. It will not let me erase disk or programs. I put in NEW discs and get the same error doesnt matter if its R or RW new or used wont work. Any suggestions as I said this is the second unit to do this.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I have something like the same problem with a Panasonic recorder.
    In my case, it's caused by mixing the disks on the PC and DVDR.
    If I record a disk in the recorder and erase it on the PC, it becomes unusable on the DVDR - I forgot myself and screwed one up this week..
    If I try and format this disk in the recorder it becomes unusable on both.
    Sometimes it can be revived by doing a 'Full' erase (takes a long time) with Nero or ImgBurn.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007