1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recording screen software

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by rtrg, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I am running win 7 pro. I am looking for a FREE simple record/play software that can live in the tray and be activated while a streaming video is displayed. Recording to mp4 would be nice. Auto play and/or save to videos folder or pictures folder would be nice. Using the app's player or one of my own would be nice.

I am currently copy/paste YOU TUBE into VLC for the purpose of being able to record them. The issue is that SOME videos will transfer others will not. "CANNOT OPEN VIDEO/FILE/URL" error is displayed without explanation or solution. The app must have NO record time limits or selectable limits in time.

I have tried several but NONE work as I think they should. Recommendations and tips please.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

List what you've already used or you'll waste time

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

cam studio, camista. free recording software, ice cream screen recording, iscreen recording, and others. none worked. either the recording was limited to 10 minutes, not saved, not recorded and other errors. only stable process is to copy/paste into VLC, then record it as it plays provided a specific video will copy/paste. not all do.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

fraps works well at least for games & can start/stop recording by hitting one of the f keys.The downside it ain't free but is if you know where to look.Records to avi

The other one is OBS & is free but i'm damned if i can get it to work
    https://obsproject.com/download#mp

edit:can you not use an add-on to download the vids off youtube

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.