1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording TV on computer

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by JrIverson, Jun 4, 2004.

1. JrIverson

JrIverson Guest

I am wondering if you can use an s-video cord can you hook up your computer and TV and record stuff on it using a special program?

2. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Hey

Yes you can Capture TV onto your Computer, but you will need to buy a TV Tuner/Capture Card.

Regards
    CoZZa

3. MarvelFan

MarvelFan Guest

What is are some of the recommend TV Tuner cards to get... and are they simple enough to use that all you have to really do I connect and run a coaxial cable line to the card?... i plan on recording some of my favorite shows and burning them to dvd.... please help me to know what to look for... thanks

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

5. MarvelFan

MarvelFan Guest

Ok... so that is software you can use with your TV Tuner card?... looks interesting.. and might be worth a look at.. but I'm not sure what card to buy... I'm reading alot about cards having Video 2 Audio Sync problems... I'm leaning heavily toward an ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 or 9600xt... are these decent cards... and does anyone recomment were to buy them from... thanks

6. b5mac

b5mac Member

I would recommend not getting anything ATI, especially if you are new to TV capture. The Snapstream software is amazing, as close to Tivo as it gets for computers. For best quality with snapstream get the combo pack of beyondTV and the hauppage tv tuner.

7. aram.emin

aram.emin Member

Hi
    I have a lapto and does not have a TV-in facility.is it still possible to see the TV on the laptop in anyway and how?
    cheers.

8. Rosco404

Rosco404 Guest

aram.emin

If your laptop has a USB port buy a USB external TV Tuner .
    hauppage tv tuner's are good as b5mac said :)