1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RECORDING VCD TO VHS

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by kingsize, Nov 2, 2001.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

2. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

But will it really work?

For DVD it has to be able to remove a more insideous form of macrovision - "Level II Colorstripe" - which was/is not a part of the original, older vhs-type macrovision. The similar unit I purchased (same price) couldn't do it; thin discoloured lines would still run laterally across my taped copy.

The only other unit I ever saw that proclaimed itself able to kill Level-II, also said it was the *only* available unit able to do so, and costs over $200 US.

I like the name of the unit you refer to though, "**DVD** Video Decoder (Mac Remover)". That's pretty specific, so maybe it is worth a go.

Had I been able to remove this Level-II disease initially, I might never have gotten into making vcds, but in retrospect, I'm glad I went vcd anyway - *much* nicer than tape, methinks.

-- KlingonAgent --

3. xav1er61

xav1er61 Member

ok im a complete newbie to this all i got is me pc with a radeon 8500 in it im trying to record some avi and mpegs i made in bryce and premier i got the computer connected to a vhs recorde n tv i can get picture on the tv and it records fine excepte when i play the avi as soon as i do this the screen thats playing the avi gose black yet on the computer its playing fine can anyone tell me why its doing this and if there is a way around it or am i doomed to spending loads of dosh getting someone else to put my work on to tape for me or if anyway could tell me what i need to record to tape i will be really thankful

4. johnbmx

johnbmx Member

.not to be mean, but , if you cannot hook up 1 vcr to another i would think you are too young to be on the internet..as for dvd to vhs(which is really bad) do a search for your specific make and model dvd player and search for "firmware upgrades" its a type of legal hack.some of them simply use the remote and you just push buttons in a certain order..others require software downloads with the computer and then you burn a disc and insert it into the dvd player and it does the work for you..this will get rid of macrovision and sometimes will also make it region free...WARNING!! dont attempt this without reading everything first and making sure of what chipset your dvd players have..you can damage them if not done correctly..i have an apex and had to open it to see which chip i had, i downloaded the appropriate software and it worked.the apex already is pal AND ntsc and upgraded it to region free and macrovision free.

5. stenhouse

stenhouse Guest

i need help please

i need to get an mpeg-1 or vcd off my pc onto tape (vhs) please help me
    Email: Jimbulson@aol.com

6. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

The two simple answers are:

a) if your graphics card has a video out jack, use it to patch right into your vhs.

b) if you have a dvd standalone player and have burned your mpeg-1 file to a standard vcd, then simply patch your dvd player into your vhs, and just playback the vcd.

Other than those ideas, I don't know what else would work.

-- K. A. --