1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recordnow 7

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by beigeone, Jul 3, 2007.

1. beigeone

beigeone Member

I recently downloaded recordnow 7. For some reason I can't get the movies to play on any dvd player when it is done. I first decrypt the movie, then dvd shrink it. Once it goes through all the analysing, encoding and everything else, for some reasons unknown to me, I just can't get any movies to play.When I try to make a copy using Recordnow, I just keep getting the files instead of the movie itself. If there is any information on what the problems could possibly be any help is appreciated.

2. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

What files are you putting onto the DVD you copy?

To play the files on a Dvd player you will eed the VOB files or Divx if your Dvd is compatible with it.

3. beigeone

beigeone Member

Basically, once the movie is decrypted and I use DVD shrink, there is no problems. It's as I try to use recordnow that the problems occur. First when I try to find the movie in the computer it's as if it's not there. Until recently this has never happened before. The movie was always located in the computer. I have to go through all the files to try to locate it. When I finally do try and burn the movie all I keep getting is a file and not the movie itself. I figured that there is one thing that needs to be fixed but I'm not sure what I need to do to fix this. Please let me know if there is anything that you can think of. Thank you:))

4. theoipod

theoipod Guest

edit

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007
  5. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

When you're copying that file onto the DVd it's not working because that
    file isn't compatible with your DVD player.

DVD players can only read certain formats.
    Certain programs can play certain formats:example DIVX can read The .AVI format just as DVD players can read the .VOB format and others depending on the DVD player.

What you need to do is use dvd decrypter which is downloadable HERE

Install the software with the default settings.
    Once Dvd decrypter is fully installed insert the DVD you wish to backup and open DVD decrypter, now click on the little dvd icon that has an arrow directed towards a hard drive and let it decryp the DVD.
    TIP:while the dvd is decrypting don't use the computer for anything else.

Now open up Recordnow 7 and copy the files dvd decrypter has decrypted(which are .Vob format)onto a blank DVD.
    I think that the decrypted .VOB files are located under C:.

This method definitely works.
    If you have any problems or questions feel free to ask me.

When using DVD shrink the converted files are converted into .AVI(i think) which doesn't play on all DVD players.