1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recordnow dx and dvdshrink burning

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ad2003, Oct 5, 2003.

1. ad2003

ad2003 Member

Using recordnow dx, not max, to record a successfully compressed video_ts file (<4.35GB Dvdshrink) and burned video_ts and blank audio_ts file from hdd using datadisk it said it was copied successfully but get error message playing DVD on a player stand alone and computer dvd. The a/v files are on the DVD-R. DAO for RecordNow Dx- data disk- is closed (I see no click down choice for TAO.) Under Options, for upc and isrc, both items were checked, should they be unchecked? Unlike MAX, has no accept video and audio_ts option. other options are followed like Max instructions. Does any one have a link to a step by step guide ( I checked the guide here and no luck? Thank you.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I use Deluxe which is very similar in alyout to max. Check the user guide in my signature for Record Now Max, it will give you the options for recording. Make sure yuor VIDEO_TS folder is in capitols and forget the AUDIO_TS folder, its not needed.

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Open Recnow, on main window, click on tools then options then data - you will see the recognise bit at the foot opf the window....

Also check select New Volume....in the same area...

Then when you click on data to burn, click on options in that window, look at the dvd area and change that to TAO - closed....
    You can leave the joliet settings as is....

Then burn just put the VIDEO_TS folder into the area then burn.....

If you are confused do as Oriphus suggested and check out the guide.........it is sweet....

4. ad2003

ad2003 Member

thank you baabaa, oriphus, however, in recordnow dx, under data disc, the DVD recording type stays as DAO and the arrow does not highlight any other choices (tao-closed, etc.) The CD recording type does have these options (TAO closed, etc.) I followed Max guide from Oriphus before and rechecked guide again. But in DX, how can I make DVD recording type show choices other than DAO? All other instructions (Joilet, data size, etc have been followed) Does UPC and ISRC checking and unchecking important? I believe that I did not have multisession as new volume and also I hade burned an empty copy of audio_ts file. I corrected this but before I try to record can it record with DAO closed instead of TAO closed?
    Thank you.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Hmmmm, that is funny....

I use Recordnow DX and ALL of the options are there.......strange...

What version are you using, sounds like an old one maybe as I have never come across Recordnowmax OR Recordnow DX without those options.....

Are you looking under the wizard settings in options by any chance.....?

6. ad2003

ad2003 Member

Thank you baabaa for your reply, I have recordnow dx 3.7 and the only option for recording DVD type in data disc is DAO. I checked easysystems website and they list that as a FAQ as well. I have since downloaded the trial version of nemo 6 and it works fine with shrinkit but after this trial expires do you think the recordnow dx will record a playable DVD in DAO-closed? Thank you for your help as well as others.

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Possibly, I have never used the 3.7 version....

Do a search in google for an upgrade to 4.5 - this will give you ALL the options listed....._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[/small]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2003
  8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Double replied, dam crappy connection...._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[/small]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2003