1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recover my xbox live account

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by fluxx5193, Jul 30, 2005.

1. fluxx5193

fluxx5193 Member

I was banned from live. And I got a new xbox. How do I get my account on my new xbox?

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Doesn't it give you the option for an account recovery?

3. taaco

taaco Member

They dont ban your xbox they ban your account there is no way of getting your account back you just have to make a new one.

4. xMoldx

xMoldx Member

i got banned from xbl yesterday i went to sign in with my chip disabled and i went to the trouble shooter and i got an error message that said the hardware or software was modified.
    how can i get back on xbl i heard that all i need to do is change my eeprom or sumthing like that. how do i get another eeprom. i have another xbox that i destroyed(the dvd drive is ripped out) i tried to put the hd into my xbox with the chip in it and i got an eror code 6 i thought that if i cud ftp into that hd that i cud take the eeprom and transfer it to my other hd nd replace the other.
    help plz

5. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

@taaco
    Thay (Microsoft), don't ban your entire Account. Afterall They still want your Money / Credit for XBL™ They'll only ban the Machine from connecting to Live!™.

@xMoldx
    Simply changeing a HDD will not get you unbanned! the 'Error 6' you recived makes me think you got the Drive out of another XBOX™. 'Error 6': The XBOX™ can not unlock the HDD, The HDD timed out because the I/O state could not initalize. (i.e. The Derive came out of another XBOX and the unlock Key is unknown!),.

As far as buying or trying to edit the On-Line Key (on the EEPROM), goes yes some People have had luck doing that. Allthough I get the feeling that eBay is not going to be the place to look for it though. =(

6. xMoldx

xMoldx Member

ya i did get it from another xbox
    but how do i get past that error i checked the xbox error codes explained thread and it said that "..your xbox IS modified you can change your harddisk for almost every other harddisk (thats UNLOCKED). This means that even when your xbox is modified, you can not just put another (retail) XBOX harddisk in your xbox.."(which is sumwhat contradicting) so i cant change my hd with another retail hd ?
    p.s i rote this just after waking up so if i wrote anything stupid forgive me :)

ahah see i said it i missed sumthing! so replacing a hd wont allow me to get back on live?! which makes alot of sense i dont know why i thought changing a hd wud do all it does is store the game files and shit. so the only thing i can do to get my xbl back is to find a way to do sumthing with th eeprom right?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  7. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

They ban the xbox itself and yes, you can transfer your account to an unbanned xbox.
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=303719&hl=eeprom Usually the people selling eeproms provide instructions for changing your eeprom. Normally use the app configmagic to change it. You can still get banned again with a new eeprom though, especially if you aren't using the stock hdd. Only way of being 100% sure of not being banned is to have an unmodded xbox for xbox live.

8. xkilla283

xkilla283 Member

Here is the issue i am having. I was on XBL i was using mechassault game save hack to load apps. All of the sudden i get banned from live. I know my was around so what i did was use krazies soft mod hack and then config magic. I have many eeproms i could use. I chose one of them and had config magic fix the eeprom and on reboot i got an error code 6. So after doing a bit of reseach i found the hard drive key forthat eeprom and loaded up hdunlock. Finaly got the drive unlocked but it tells me when i go to either dissable the lock or lock it with the new hdd key. I then tryed running liveinfo and made another eeprom with the hard drive key (just in case). I tryed loading xbxhdm and got an error that it could not find a .dll. I gotthe .dll's it needed but still could not get the app to run. I have done many box's in my time and this is one that is just giving me a head ache. I do have a guy that will trade me and unmodded stock xbox if i can even get this one back up and running. I do have an X3 but i am missing the 5v pin(it came from a box that someone else had screwed up) if i could find another pin or a compleate pin head i could use that. I need some help on this iss ASAP.

9. pattyrulz

pattyrulz Member

i soft modded my xbox n it wont let me sign on xbl it ses strt trouble shooter n a funny message coms up can i fix it?