1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recover Xbox (error 16) and install Ndure 3.1?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by iHacker, Dec 27, 2010.

1. iHacker

iHacker Member

My Xbox has an error 16 due to a botched Ndure install. I want to recover it and then correctly install Ndure 3.1 to play burned games and not scratch the originals. I have a recovery disk with the dash files and everything ready. However, I do not have my Xbox's HDD key or eeprom.bin. Using this:
    http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Generating_HDD_Password_from_your_HDKey I can get the password, but I do not have the HDD key to get it. I did backup my HDD, but cannot access it. Can I use xplorer360 to restore and softmod it, and if so, how do I connect it? Please help!

2. newhelper

newhelper Member

if you have a computer with a IDE cable open up the xbox and let it boot up once the microsoft pops up under the the big X unplug the ide cable quickly before the screen changes this will make the harddrive unlocked since the drive unlocks when the microsoft logo pops up then plug a ide cable from your computer into the ide slot on the xbox Important to know is DO NOT harddrive loose power at all during hooked up to the pc or it will lock using the pc key instead of the xbox making it a paper weight after its hooked up use xplorer360 to open the drive then drop the dashboard files into their rightful places and then close out unhook the drive and plug the ide cable back into the xbox and then turnoff power making it lock with its key turn back and on should see that good familar screen

3. iHacker

iHacker Member

Thanks for the great info, but I ended up figuring it all out and shelled out $5 for Splinter Cell. I now have UnleashX on it as Ndure 3.1 could not really play backups. Still, this is a great tutorial for anyone who's interested or does not know how to do it.