1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recovery bricked my psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Pud1000, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Pud1000

Pud1000 Regular member

I was trying to use recovery (the hexitnow installer) and i went into the recovery menu and ran the recovery to 1.5 and the screen went black it almost looks like a semi brick. I can still access the recovery menu. What happened here?

2. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

If all you have is a recovery menu you can boot into you semi-bricked it and will have to recover the firmware to 1.50

3. wanzx

wanzx Member

Try changing the brightness setting, that what happened to me. There's a glitch with newer PSP motherboard that will cause the brightness to be reversed.

wanzx

4. Pud1000

Pud1000 Regular member

can i always get back from a semi brick? I hate having to go back to 1.5 then to 3.03 oe c again and again. O well its better than a dead psp

5. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

you mean you bricked your psp and cudnt use the recovery mode lol. heres the golden rule: if you can access recovery your safe lol, you just need to make sure you have the right files in the RECOVERY folder inside psp/game

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

yep....always

just keep a backup or flash0 on ur com...;)

7. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

you dont have to go back to 1.5 then back up. you can reflash your custom firmware XD. if you want to know how pm me your msn address and i will talk you through it

8. alexvuk

alexvuk Member

erm well im going to attempt to downgrade my psp from version 2.71 to 1.5 then to 3.03oe but well if i brick it or anything is there any way of saving myself if i do is there any measures i can take incase i do i have receipt and everything incase there is no going back but i want to save ymself the trouble.