1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recovery Menu problem

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ChiefSmeg, Sep 5, 2007.

1. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

Hi folks - I am getting a strange error...
    This has just started happening (literally today), My psp now no longer keeps the stttings in the recovery menu when I completely power down my PSP. I tried deleting config.se from flash1 and letting it rebuild itself the next time I powered up the PSP, I then powered down, went back into recovery and changed a few settings around (no umd, 3.4 kernel etc) and all works ok on reboot. Now however when I power down completely I end up having to go into recovery and set everything up again or my PSP will not boot!

Any ideas?

2. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

hi i had this problem a few months back,couldn't find any answers so i just upgraded to m33 but if you want to keep 3.40oe you could always just reflash it

3. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

even on a ta82 mobo?

4. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  5. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

hmmm.

Just had a bit more of a play in the recovery menu and changed the setting from ENABLE to DISABLE on the following:

PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP

Now my PSP remembers settings and boots up again - it is more of a hot boot though as I don't get the sony logo as I am booting...

What does the eboot.pbp do? (I am running 3.40 oe a firmware on a TA-082 motherboard)

6. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

thats why then the PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP is what i use to play a custom startup if you haven't got one its best to leave it disabled.
    if you want the sony logo when you boot up just go into recovery/configuraion and the option should be in there to enable/disable it

7. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

aaah I see. The really strange thing is that if I set the recovery menu to DISABLE no UMD then it will not remember any of my settings if I power down completly, if I ENEBLE it, it remembers everything - Very odd.

I guess I just have to make sure I don't completly power down, or is there an easy way of fixing this?

8. PYF

PYF Member

I suggest you upgrade to 3.52-4 as i did yesterday. Its way better than 3.40 OE-A, trust me.

9. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

the only thing i can suggest is either upgrade to 3.52m33 or downgrade back to 1.50 and then try and reinstall 3.40oe
    but as pyf said 3.52m33-4 is alot better and has more features

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  10. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

thanks for your help - I'll have a go