1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recovery Menu Settings Problem

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ChiefSmeg, Oct 8, 2007.

1. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

Hi Folks, I hope that someone in the collective can help me with this one...

I am running 3.52 M33-4 on a TA-082 motherboard. This was a Jap import downgraded from 3.03 to 1.5 using the GTA LCS exploit. Upgraded to 3.40 OE-A, this is when the problem first appeared.

What uswed to happen was If I set the recovery menu to run with No UMD - there was not a problem. If I set to run with a UMD (to play some of my other backups - and they are backups too) then If I powered off completly then I would lose ALL my recovery menu settings, it would revert to 1.5 kernel, all the advanced settings enable themselves etc so that basically nothing runs.
    My fist attempt at a fix was to delete config.se and let it rebuild itself - this kind of worked, ie it rebuilt config.se but then I could ONLY boot to recovery if I set the 'no umd' option to 'Disable'.

What I did then was to update my CFW to 3.52 M33-4 (I took care doing this ie no umd in the bay etc). I can now use the 'no umd' to play all my backups. If I set 'no umd' to 'disable' and power off totally I keep all my settings. The Problem is if I use my own wallpaper, now when I power off I lose all my settings again.

Reading the forums, I can see that one suggestion is to format flash 1, re-create the directories manually and then re-boot. There is however an option in the recovery menu on M33-4 to do this, can I ask if this re-creates all the directories required? The reason I ask is that I am currently without a PC again (long story) and this might be the easiest way to sort my problem (other than sticking to a standard theme of course).

Can anyone help shed some light on this please?

2. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Upgrade to 3.71 M33-2.
    Its the most stable and up to date cfw at them moment. Use the Sony-NOUMD option

3. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

yes but, surely if there is a corruption to flash 1 already then another upgrade will not sort it...

4. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Im not sure but Pndora's battery rebuilds the flash

5. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

Yes, flash1 should be wiped clean and all the default files which are required, written. Pandora does rewrite all the PSPs flash but this is not required unless u plan on upgrading to 3.72 M33-2 or downgrading to 1.5. And updating DOES rewrite the flash...

6. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

So, to go back to my earlier question, is it best to do this via USB on a PC or do I use the 'Format Flash 1 and Restore Settings' option under the recovery menu?

7. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

Only do it via USB & PC if u are SURE u have the ORIGINAL flash1 files. Otherwise, use the option in the recover menu cuz it's easier :p

8. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

sorry to sound thick, but how do you mean 'original files' - are suggesting I should back up the nes that are already on 'just in case' or could I use the files from my sons working PSP that runs 3.52 m33-4

9. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

Well if the both of you are running the SAME CFW and your sons PSP is in PERFECT working order than use your sons flash1 files to replace yours. First, try using the recovery menu to format flash1 and reset settings though. Does any1 actually know why this problem occurs? Maybe I should start a new thread specifically to address the causes of this..

10. ChiefSmeg

ChiefSmeg Member

Well, just used the format flash 1 option in recovery and now it works perfectly - many thanks all.

11. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

lol so much hassle over something so easily solved.

I had the same problem as well, but now I know what to do if it comes up again :p