1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recovery Mode won't save settings. . .help please

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mabarnett, Aug 25, 2007.

1. mabarnett

mabarnett Member

I have never had this problem before, and i have been on CFW for months. I am running 3.40 OE-A, and whenever I change settings in recovery mode (Free UMD region, Skip SCE logo, Hide corrupt icons) they will not save. So i still see corrupt incons the SCE logo on startup, and when I go back into recovery, all the settings have been reset.

Help please.

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Sounds like a problem in the flash. But before we jump into hardware, try software. Downgrade your PSP to 1.50 using 1.50 Recovery Winstaller. Deep format your memory stick in Windows. You can do this by going to Start/My Computer. Right-click on the drive and select Format. Ensure the "Quick Format" option in UNCHECKED. Then click Start. Once done, format the memory stick in the XMB (Settings/System Settings/Format). Now try to upgrade to 3.40 OE-A. If you still happen to have the files on your computer, download the files again (1.50 and 3.40 EBOOT's, and the upgrader). Avoid using any "easy" or "auto-updating" software, do everything by hand. Once back to 3.40 OE-A, you may have to to upgrade to 3.52 M33-4. M33 offers the option to format the flash1. This is where all your system settings are stored. Unfortunately, OE doesn't offer this option. If after 2 successful CFM installs it still fails, then you might be looking at a glitchy flash...

3. mabarnett

mabarnett Member

Ok thanks for your help man.