1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recovery mode!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by maskiri, Apr 12, 2007.

1. maskiri

maskiri Guest

who here always have the recovery mode on their psp??
    im now keeping it from now onwards, i almost lost my precious psp but since i had the recovery mode i was so lucky. So just to encourage everyone Pliz always have the recovery folder on your psp

cheers

2. fultonla

fultonla Guest

I don't really understand what you mean recovery mode comes with cfw you cant take it off...I think

3. Blahs

Blahs Member

this might sound like an excruciatingly stupid question...but what is this recovery mode you're talking about?

im about to downgrade my psp to 1.5, then upgrade to 3.03 oe, so i thought it might be worth my while to learn what the recovery thing is all about.

How do you activate it?

4. isbreen

isbreen Regular member

Recovery mode comes with custom fw. After you have downgraded to 1.5fw then upgraded to a 3.xx OE-x fw you will have recovery mode on your PSP. I think what the original poster means is he will keep the recovery folder on his mem stick. This folder allows you to recover from a semi-brick back to 1.5 fw. You can add the folder during a semi brick as recovery mode allows USB support so you don't have to have the recovery folder on the mem stick at all times. I hope this makes sense :)

5. Blahs

Blahs Member

thanx,

it seems that a person does learn something new everyday...as long as its about games 'an stuff i'll be happy ;P

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

even when you're not trying to....thats the beauty of this pitiful merry-go-round we call life...

;)

7. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

yer i think what he thought is that if you take the RECOVERY folder off your memory stick, it removes the recovery mode.