1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recovery mode

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by yappster, Sep 11, 2007.

1. yappster

yappster Member

my psp wont go into recovery mode, any ideas?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What custom firmware you running?

Your holding down the R shoulder button at the same time your turning on the PSP correct?

If you do this and the screen doesn't show the Recovery menu try hitting the Brightness Button to see if comes up.

3. yappster

yappster Member

my system software is version 3.52, is this firmware? yeah i hold down r at the same time as switching it on, when i turn it on it just goes straight to normal mode with all the normal icons on the psp, doesnt do anything different to when i normally switch it on.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If your on official firmware 3.52 then you won't have recovery mode. You need to install custom firmware on your PSP. So if your trying to run ISO games homebrew from your PSP this is not possible with official firmware.

The only way you can install custom firmware is to downgrade the PSP to 1.50 and then upgrade to custom firmware.

Since your PSP has 3.52 official firmware you will need to use the Pandora Battery unbricker/downgrader Method. In order to create the Pandora Battery you will need to know someone that has a PSP running 1.50 or custom firmware. Ask them to follow the guide below to create the Pandora Battery to use to downgrade your PSP.

Here is a GUIDE on how to create the Pandora Battery to use in your PSP and downgrade it.

5. yappster

yappster Member

i dont no anyone with a psp, is there any other way of doin it?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The only other way is buying a Pandora Battery and Magic Memory stick off Ebay.

There was a thread started somewhere of a list of people that would create it for you. for free. All you had to do is send a battery and MS to them and pay shipping both ways.

I will try to find that thread for you.

7. yappster

yappster Member

ok thanx alot

8. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

@larrylje - Yea, that was me :)

But, the mods had to take it down, and it's a valid reason for doing so; because we were doing it through aD publicly, they had some legal responsibility, and since the files on the MS are "illegal" they could get into a spot of bother with Sony...

But that doesn't mean to say we can't carry on, where abouts do you live yappster?

9. yappster

yappster Member

cyprus at the min but im in the uk from end of october, ive looked on ebay but there's only 2 on there

10. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Where in the UK? Either me (North West) or sicdude (East Midlands) would be able to make one for you.

11. yappster

yappster Member

im west midlands, how will you do it for me

12. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

As larrylje said, either me or sicdude (You choose, i don't mind) will do it all for you, what you have to do:

1)Contact the person in question via PM.

2)We send you our address to send a battery and memory stick to (Don't give this out to anyone).

3)You send the battery and a memory stick (Either 256MB or bigger) in a Jiffy bag to our address, also inside it another pre-paid jiffy bag with your return address on so we can send it back quickly and easily.

4)We convert them and send them back to you.

5)When you've recieved them back and have downgraded successfully, tell us :)

13. yappster

yappster Member

well i will need to purchase another battery and memory card then, so i will get back to you when i have got one

14. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

If you can live without your battery + memory card for a couple of days then you won't need to buy extra ones, as you can convert them back to normal after "Pandora" use.

15. yappster

yappster Member

im in cyprus until 22nd october though, so would need them to come back here before then. will you def return my stuff, sorry for bein like this but i've had people do this to me before and not return them

16. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Hmmm... so from Cyprus and back? Wouldn't that cost a bit?

As for returning them, you know i could say "Yes" and still not, but i give you my word and i have proof that i've done this before, and the time from the person sending it to me, to the time he received it back was 3 days :)

17. yappster

yappster Member

i will have to find out prices, or i can wait till i get to the uk which is prob best