1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

red/green flashing but not the usual case.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by zackzig, Nov 23, 2003.

1. zackzig

zackzig Member

i tried to search the forums but didnt find anyone having the problem that i have. i got a modchip installed in my xbox from modchipstore.com.(PROFESSIONAL INSTALATION, atleast thats what they claim) they apprently used aladdin chip.
    it worked fine for a couple of days and then when i tried to switch it on, it made 3 attempts to switch on and then started flashing red/ green lights.
    so i contacted the ppl at modchipstore.com and they asked me to send the console back to them. when they got it back, they claimed that it was fine and there was nothing wrong with it. but still they resoldered the chip and send me the console back.
    again it worked fine for 2 days. after exactly two days the console didnt start and started giving the same problem. i contacted the modchipstore.com again and they are not replying any more(though they claim a 90 day warranty).
    after a couple of days, on its own, i switched it on again, and it started working fine.i didnt do anything, just one day out of the blues, it got fine and worked perfectly. and then the next day again the same thing happened and again it doesnt work and flashed red/green light.
    any help in this regard will help. i am in oklahoma, so if some one knows a professional close by, that would also help. even some one in dallas,TX or something.
    Thanks.

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Sounds like either a bad chip or bad connection to the LPC.

RustyDog

3. danidum

danidum Member

i have the exact same problem (red/green flashing and need to contact ....)but my Xbox has the original chip and i have made no mod on it.... sometimes it works for 4-5 days and sometimes for 2 hours .... 3 month warranty over ..,. can someone help me
    THX

4. zackzig

zackzig Member

what do u do that starts your xbox. i make attemts on it like everyday, but it has just started on its own 2 times. i just switched it on and it ust worked perfect, and the after a couple of days, back to its same crap. well i am hoping that modchipstore.com helps me because they claim a 90 days warranty. and if they dont, i will be bad mouthing their company all over the internet on every forum. may be that will help me take out some frustration.
    by the way getModded, what is LPC?

5. djoner

djoner Guest

mine does that shit,but its because of a bad connection,so i useally jsut bang on my shit adn it works,sucks,but works

im gonna buya soilder chip adn throw my soilderless 2.2 at the wall

6. danidum

danidum Member

i unplug it for a day and it looses its memory then it works,,, pretty weird... also when its not working i have the error 11 do you have the same thing?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
  7. zackzig

zackzig Member

no mine does not give any error.
    it just doesnt show anything on the screen and flashes red/green light after three attemtps to switch on.

8. jspudz

jspudz Member

I have this same issue, and have searched other forums looking for the cause. Sorry to say no one really knows what is causing this. Some say it is your d0 point and some say it is a bad bios flash.

I have tried both flashing and reseting my chip and have had no luck so far. I was actually hoping for rusty dog to pull out a answer on this one.

9. larivro

larivro Guest

I have the same problem. I have an aladdin advance chip.I was in the process of assigning it an IP address and now it boot 3 times and nothing shows up on the screen. i unsoldered the mod chip and I still have the same problem. Some people suggested reflashing the bios. How do I do that. Also since I removed the mod chip you would think it would use the MS one and work again. Any suggestions would be helpfull. Thanks.