1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Light Error

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Dindi304, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Ok i have done alot of reasearch and im pretty sure i wont get much help here but I have gotten alot of help here before so here it goes. I have a moded xbox 360 the case is full black and it has leds inside and its firmwear has been changed to play backups using xtream 52 version B. Well up till yesterday my 360 was fine and working well untill i got the ring of death error. Sectors 1 and 3 are blinking and when i looked it up on the error sheet it says that it means system is over heating. Well then i let the system cool down for 48 hours to no help it still gave me the over heated error. The system will turn on and the then fans will speed on and the system will turn off leaving the blinking lights
    I have tried cooling the system down, leaving it alone, reading over the manual, moving the location of the power block just about all the things the maunual suggested. Now my ? to n e one who is willing to help is how can i get this problem taken care of. I cant return it because the warrenty was void with the opening and flashing of the consel. That once again did work fine so wasnt a flash problem. And i would like if i didnt have to buy a whole new system. Suggestions are greatly appricated

2. motomods

motomods Regular member

my only suggestion is to be sure the power brick is not lying on carpet.. it should be on a hard surface.. and the console should be in a well ventilated area. if you can just for s&g's get a fan and blow cold air into it and see if it powers on.. if it is overheating like the manual says it should turn back on again.. are you sure it isnt a video cable issue?.. are all your wires connected tightly? well best of luck let me know if there is anything else i can help with.. or any other suggestions you may want..

3. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

replace the fans maybe? i dunno what to tell ya, kinda sounds SOL.

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Take the case apart and make sure the metal sheeting that sits on the top of the dvd-rom drive in on there right. I have the chrome case and had the same problem.