1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Light On Power Supply After 2-3 Minutes Of Good xbox Working

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sas83, Dec 6, 2007.

1. sas83

sas83 Member

So then, i've got two Xbox360 and two power supplies...the first box works fine with both power supplies, but the second box shuts down after 2-3 minutes of good working with both power supplies.
    It's likely that some component is overranging while heating of working Xbox...and short circuit is happened.

P.S.: I've seen Xboxes which had similar problem,but the red light on power supply appeared when i pluged in power supply patchtip into xbox( before power-up xbox).But i solved this problem by insulating the motherboard from metallic framework.

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

i seem to have a similar problem with one of my xboxs. it keeps turning itself off and on. it does this after a random time, sometimes as soon as the dash boots up it will turn off and on, sometimes it may last half an hour then turn itself off and on again.

i took it back to the shop today to try to get a new one but they plugged it in for half an hour and it worked fine (always the way) so they wouldnt exchange it.

the light on the power brick doesnt go red though, it jusy changes from green to orange all the time and its getting really annoying!
    anyone else had this problem?