1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Lights :(

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lcex, May 2, 2007.

1. lcex

lcex Member

Ok so I have the 3 red lights. I recently modded my 360... so im out of warranty.... how should I handle this problem... I dont plan on wrapping my xbox in a towel or anything ... thanks..! Ive only had this xbox since nov :(

2. motomods

motomods Regular member

we;; why not do the towl thing?? it works.. and if you do not want to do that try using a heat gun and go over the entire mobo. You want to heat all the solder joints so that they reseal themselves. If you dont want to do this i have seen a guide out there that used erasers on the heatsink to make it not get so hot. hope that helps.. if you try the first two things and they dont work try and find the guide to the eraser trick.. i saw it a few months back.. and it seemed to work for a lot of people.. good luck

3. lcex

lcex Member

so will it be possible to get my xbox back up and running ... or do I need to buy another and now all my backups are useless :(

4. theridges

theridges Guest

either the towel trick or heatgun...
    or send it to microsoft i think they fix them for 140$
    if the warranty is broke...

5. lcex

lcex Member

should I do the heatgun or use the towel trick?

6. Skinner10

Skinner10 Member

You opened up the case to flash the drive, so I would go ahead and use the heat gun. It does the same thing the towel trick is supposed to do, but is obviously a lot more effective.

However, it is still just a temporary fix. I would be curious to know how long the heat gun fix has worked for some people. Towel trick usually only works for a week or two.