1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

red ps2 format disc screen

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jonesin39, Jan 5, 2004.

1. jonesin39

jonesin39 Member

I burned True Crime, got the red screen to insert ps2 format disc. Looked through the forum and found another thread about it. I downloaded cd loader BETA5.1 from swapmagicfix.com and burned the .bin and .cue files to a disc.
    I have a v7 ps2 with no solder mod and swap discs. I inserted the cd loader after the swap disc and nothing happened. Am i doing something wrong?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

did you use this boot process to load your game
    boot swap magic cd version
    swap it for CDloader
    press x once CDloader loads
    select 5v3 no pn
    PRESS eject on your ps2
    swap for swap magic DVD version
    once it is recognized in the bottom left hand corner press x
    it will instruct you to swap with dvdr. use your flip top or slide card to swap the disc with the backup.
    press x
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]cd loader for the v7+ ps2 http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/

cd loader for v1-6 ps2 http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/[/small]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2004
  3. jonesin39

jonesin39 Member

no, i didnt do it that way. Although I don't have flip top or a slide card. I only have the swap discs and the chip. I didnt know i was to load the cd version of swap disc first, then cdloader, then dvd swap disc.....since i dont have flip top or slide card, what would I do after i insert the DVD swap disc?

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i have never used a swap chip so i'm guessing at this just use your usual swap method and give it a try