1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Screen of Death

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by burgman, Oct 5, 2004.

1. burgman

burgman Member

Help! I have a new PS2 version 7, with the Duo2 chip installed by a very experienced solderer (not modder). I can play all my PS2 and PSX games as well as view DVDs. I tried to back up a couple of PSX games but they do not run, I just get the red screen, once I got to the PS main screen but then it hung. I tried burning with Nero, Alcohol and CloneCD. I am using Aterra Cds and have tried burning on max, 4x and 1x. Nothing, notta, zip. I am getting a co-worker to burn my PS2 DVD game tonight so I can try it tomorrow, before I run out and buy a DVD burner. Please help, I have searched these forums high and low and can't find an answer.

2. fun50

fun50 Member

I am just a newbie myself but if you know someone else with a mod to test your burned games that would be some good info for you ... it sounds like a bad solder to me... are there special instructions for your mod chip ... mine you have to hold down the power button to boot psx games and just tap it to boot ps2 games ... I dunno just something to think about like I said Im a newbie too.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004